Kuna recently announced a new product called Toucan at the CES 2016. This product lets you use the security camera with your existing light fixture. It comes with a security camera, speaker, motion sensor, and a siren. Initially, Kuna started with three designs: Traditional, Craftsman, and Contemporary. But now you can connect your outdoor light and have the benefit of the same technology.
Toucan is a USB Security Camera which comes with a Smart Socket light bulb adapter via USB so you don’t have to bother with batteries or a power cord. It has a very guarded design a built-in 100-decibel siren for an extra dose of deterrence. Toucan comes with HD video resolution, a motion sensor, alerts, a related app, two-way talk, and cloud storage. It can be connected to the existing outdoor wall lights via a USB cable, so you don’t need any batteries or wires. It is quick and easy to install Toucan, a meek USB cable, and clear HD feed.
Features of Toucan
- Two-way Intercom: Using the two-way intercom, you can see and talk to your visitors in clear, crisp audio.
- Weatherproof Design: Toucan has a weatherproof design and has been rated IP44 for snow, rain, and humidity. So you don’t need to worry about it being damaged in any weather.
- Light Controls: Toucan has good motion-activated light controls. It will turn on or turn off without any assistance. You can use Timer feature to schedule light to turn on at dusk and turn off at dawn.
- Wide Angle Lens: The wide angle lens in Toucan helps in clear HD live video feed and event recording capture.
- USB Power Adapter: The USB power adapter connects with the USB cable and provides power to the camera.
- Passive-infrared Sensor: The passive-infrared sensors detect any kind of change in motion.
- Siren: Toucan packs a 100-decibel panic alarm to scare away any unwanted guests.
Easy Installation Process
- Turn off power the wall light.
- Detach the wall light’s housing.
- Unscrew your existing bulb.
- Screw in the Smart Socket adapter.
- Reattach the bulb.
- Plug the USB cable into the USB port on the Smart Socket Adapter.
- Restore the wall light housing.
- Plug the Toucan camera below your outdoor light.
- Plug the USB cable into the Micro-USB port.
- Now turn on the power.
App for Instant Alerts
Toucan comes with a companion app. Using the iOS and Android mobile apps, you can see and talk to any visitor no matter where they are. It also includes live video and captured footage. Using the app, you can receive instant alerts to your mobile device. On the app, you can view the live feed in 720p HD. With the help of the app, you can also control your wall light on demand or set rules that automatically turn it on at dusk and off at dawn. Any motion-related videos are accessible in the Recordings section of the app.
Price & Availability
Toucan is priced at $199 and is available on Amazon.
Toucan offers options like viewing events live, two-way audio, unlimited recording, and downloading up to 3 video clips every month. The paid plan offered by Kuna is called Essential Security and it costs $4.99 per month, or $49 per year, which includes 7 days of recording and unlimited downloads. There are two other plans that are a bit expensive than the first plan, but they also have a lot to offer in return. Toucan doesn’t record footage 24/7. But the camera detects movement and it will give you the last 10 seconds before that.