While smartphones and tablets have invaded the gadget industry, typing on these relatively smaller technological devices has never been easy. Imagine if you could connect a normal, physical keyboard to your favourite mobile device and carry it along with you wherever you go?
Logitech, the Swiss global provider of technology products, has enjoyed immense success in the computer and tablet accessories market. With its wide range of keyboards, mice, webcams and headsets, PC speakers and now tablet and smartphone accessories, Logitech has been popular for its innovative and user-friendly products. However, with immense competition in the technological space, Logitech needed to redefine itself by launching new products that reinvent the brand.
The K380 Keyboard
In order to appeal to the volatile customer, Logitech has launched the K380 multi-device Bluetooth keyboard that is specifically designed to work with multiple devices and operating systems. As people tend to use different devices at different times, a phone while travelling, a tablet at home and a laptop at work, launching a keyboard that works seamlessly with any device is significant. Logitech K380 uses Bluetooth to connect to any device, a PC, smartphone, tablet, laptop or even an Apple TV.
K480 – The Predecessor
In 2014, Logitech had released the K480, a Bluetooth enabled keyboard that could easily switch from a computer to a table to a phone. The Logitech K480 was bigger in size (299x195mm), heavier (820g) and incorporated a shallow integrated cradle that supports a tablet or a smartphone that made it easier for the user to read. Logitech K480 also supported up to 3 devices and 5 operating systems.
- Logitech K380 is a small keyboard and has shallow, circular keys that makes typing easy.
- Logitech has done away with the cradle for supporting the tablet or smartphone, and has made the K380 compact in size (279x124mm), light weight (423g) and easy to carry.
- Logitech K380 incorporates the Logitech Easy-Switch buttons that enables the keyboard to connect to three different devices simultaneously and toggle between them at the push of a button.
- It connects to devices through Bluetooth up to a maximum range of 10m.
- It supports devices with any of the following 5 OSes: Windows (7, 8, 10 or later), Mac (10.10 or later), iOS (5 or later), Android (3.2 or later) and Chrome.
- Logitech K380 keyboard can detect which OS is running on the device and will automatically adjust function and short-cut keys to provide a familiar layout.
- Logitech K380 comes with a pair of AAA batteries and has the capability to run for up to 2 years.
- It is available in two colours: blue and black.
While the Logitech K380 was unveiled at the IFA in Berlin this year, it will be available for purchase at a competitive price of $39.99 from October 2015. Users can buy a Logitech K380 from the Logitech site or from any major ecommerce site.
No matter how smart our phones and tablets get, touch-screen typing is never fun. While we might have still got used to typing fast on our smartphones, tablets and iPads do not offer the same convenience. Logitech K380 overcomes this challenge with its multi-device, multi-OS compatibility. Now switch between devices with the simple push of a button and enjoy typing, no matter what the device.