Technology makes us increasingly mobile. It’s our point of connection to the people and the world around us. While every new technology comes with new opportunities, the recent USB-C connector offers the unprecedented benefit of charging a laptop from an external source and extending autonomy the same way external hard drives extend storage. Starting from this observation, we took the challenge of creating a single and sleek design device to charge, store, cool and connect anything seamlessly: Line Dock.
Line Dock is the thinnest laptop battery. It integrates storage, cooling and connectivity in 9mm. Starting from scratch, the essence of Line Dock was to rethink the meaning of a laptop accessory from the ground up. Ditching the general approach, Line Dock is made to be placed under the laptop, making it invisible. Standing for aesthetics in a world of plastic bricks, the minimalistic design combines versatility and excellence. Combining autonomy, storage, connectivity and performance, Line Dock boosts laptops in every possible way.
Key Features of Line Dock
At a glance, Line Dock offers the following features:
- Massive battery able to charge a USB-C laptop up to 1.5 times.
- Up to 1TB of SSD storage.
- Active cooling system, the top of Line Dock reaches 50°F in a 72°F room.
- Universal connectivity: 3 USB3, 2 USB-C, HDMI, Mini DisplayPort & SD Card Reader.
- 4 Wireless charging pads.
Line Dock mainly targets the last generation of USB-C laptops but can be also used as a massive portable battery for any kind of small appliances (tablets, phones, cameras, etc.).
Line Dock is a perfect companion for commuters, pro’s on the go and digital nomads. Those aspiring for design, freedom and convenience of carrying a whole gear into an ultra-portable format.
About Line Dock
Line Dock is a device at the crossroad of technology and industrial design. From a classical approach perspective, a laptop accessory is essentially utilitarian. Initially developed for the sake of technical performance, it is then handed over to designers whose mission is to wrap it in a plastic body that would sell well and for a low price. In such configuration, engineers come first, then designers.
We took the opposite direction, stating that aesthetic can’t be reached unless being part of the initial statement. The quintessence of design has to start from a blank page, while the excellence of engineering is just a matter of energy and resources. Imagined by designers, Line Dock was a shape before being an electronic board. This approach resonates with the product ambition: bringing a laptop accessory at the same design level and quality than the best laptops and smartphones. Made out of the same aluminum Line Dock only needs one button to reveal its potential. Plug. And play.
Why Buy Line Dock?
- Line Dock is available in 3 colors: Silver, Space Gray and Matte Black.
- Line Dock is currently available in 3 sizes: 12″, 13″ and 15″ so you can find the perfect fit for your USB-C laptop.
- Line Dock can charge any device through regular USB of Qualcomm QuickCharge.
- Choose your storage need: Line Dock offers several fast SSD storage options: from no SSD up to 1TB.
- The active cooling system embed will allow you to improve your laptop performance up to 50% when performing intensive tasks.
- Enjoy a single device replacing at least 10 accessories.
After months of prototyping, Line Dock is currently running a crowdfunding campaign to help bringing the product to market.