Smart technology has taken the world by storm. Smart watches are being launched by companies big and small, and offer users a gamut of services. While Apple is leading the smartwatch market, Samsung is leaving no stone unturned in capturing a sizeable industry share.
Incorporates a Classic Round Design
Korean technology manufacturer Samsung has launched the latest product in its smart watch line, the Gear S2 Watch. With most watch companies doing away with the square, gadget-looking design, Samsung too has forayed into the world of circular dials.
Gear S2 Watch is Samsung’s first round smartwatch measuring 1.2 inch in diameter.
Stunning Specs of Gear S2 Watch
Gear S2 Watch connects to a smartphone through Bluetooth and also has an inbuilt Wi-Fi and NFC. Users can use the Gear S2 Watch to make mobile payments via Samsung pay and also control several NFC enabled devices. The Gear S2 Watch has a couple of sensors within: an accelerometer, barometer, ambient-light and a gyroscope that track several activities. The 24-hour activity log shows daily activity progress at a glance.
- Display: Super AMOLED display
- Resolution: 360×360 pixels
- Processor: 1.0 GHz dual-core
- Storage: 4GB
- RAM: 512 MB
- IP68 dust and water resistant coating
Gear S2 Watch has a rotating bezel that offers users a more innovative and intuitive way of controlling the watch. Users can scroll through apps, menus and features by simply rotating the bezel.
Functions on Tizen OS
With Gear S2 Watch, Samsung has bid adieu to the popular Android OS and has incorporated Tizen, the open-source, standards based operating system offering a cleaner and Apple-watch inspired look and feel. The UI is customized and possesses small, circular icons on the sleek and stylish Gear S2 Watch face.
Features Samsung’s Personal Digital Assistant
Gear S2 Watch has Samsung’s inbuilt personal digital assistant, S voice that responds to user commands like answer a phone call or even take a picture without the user having to take the smartphone out of his pocket. S voice combats the lack of an on-screen keyboard on the Gear S2 Watch and lets users enjoy a variety of benefits by giving voice commands.
Integrated Heart-rate Monitor
Gear S2 Watch has an integrated heart-rate monitor which has become a mandate for most smart devices today. The sensor is placed on the rear side of the watch casing, continuously recording heart-rate and transferring the data to an app which then analyzes the data and gives users a detailed view of their health and well-being.
Available in 3 Models
- It is available in 3 models: standard, classic and 3G enabled.
- The standard is 42.3×49.8×11.4mm in size and weighs 47g.
- The classic is 39.3×43.6×11.4mm and weighs 42g.
- And the 3G model measures 44.0×51.8×13.4mm and is 51g in weight.
- It is available in dark grey dial with grey strap and silver dial with white strap while the classic is black with a leather band.
- While pre-orders for Gear S2 Watch began on 29th October 2015, the watch will be available at retail outlets and online stores from 12th November 2015.
- The standard Gear S2 Watch will cost $300 and the classic $350, which is still cheaper than the cheapest Apple watch.
With its sleek and elegant design and incorporation of some stunning specs, Gear S2 Watch seems to be a promising smartwatch. Flaunt a Gear S2 Watch of your choice and provide voice commands through S voice, track your daily fitness levels, control various functions through the rotating bezel and make the most of the amazing features.