Garmin International Inc. recently announced the Vivosmart HR, an incredible touchscreen activity tracker that features Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology with a comprehensive set of smart notifications. The Vivosmart HR also includes a sunlight readable display along with continuous heart rate monitoring feature. It can count the number of floors climbed in a single day and can also judge the intensity of any activity. When paired with a smartphone, one can even take calls, send messages, manage emails, set calendar and social media alerts and the like. One can even control the music through the tracker.
Salient Features of the Vivosmart HR Activity Tracker
- Step up your game and track your burnt calories which can be assessed with the wrist-based heart rate monitor that runs 24/7
- High-resolution display helps review the progress against fitness and smart notifications keep you on the loop
- Features a lightweight sleek band that is comfortable to wear all day.
- Includes five days of battery life and a 5 ATM water rating that assures its use to a depth of about 50 meters underwater. This assures the user that they can use the tracker throughout the day
For every extra effort made by the user, The tracker assigns credits to the user with the help of an integrated barometric altimeter. The activity is also measured in intensity minutes so that users can monitor their progress with specific aerobic activity goals as prescribed by leading health organizations including the World Health Organization (WHO) along with the reputed U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Alerts and Activity Level
If the users are sitting for way too long, they are intimated of their low activity level and advised a custom-made daily step goal that would keep them motivated about maintaining and improving their health with good habits. The tracker inspires the users to stay active throughout the day
- Users can stay connected with vibration alerts for smart notifications while it also can send a signal to help locate one’s smartphone if they have misplaced their device.
- One can also control a Garmin VIRB camera with a remote control which is sold separately.
An Advertising Campaign worth the product!
A 360-degree global advertising campaign was launched recently termed as “Beat Yesterday.” The campaign was launched on all platforms including television, print, and social media and reflected on how Garmin wearable devices help people to improve their health every day than the previous day. “Beat Yesterday” is all about the tracker helping each person to run farther or faster each day.
The Vivosmart HR can be synced with Garmin Connect™ Mobile app that is available for both iPhone and Android. Users can check the app to view recent reports on activity progress, even keep record of their sleep hours, participate in step challenges and much more. Garmin Connect Mobile also features an easy-to-use interface that can be linked to MyFitnessPal account that fetches calorie and nutritional information depending on user activity and the calories consumed.
Colour, Availability and Price Point
Garmin’s Vivosmart HR is available in black, imperial purple and midnight blue colors that each look different than the other. It is now available at a retail price of $149.99 USD and available for pre-orders at Best Buy stores and the retail sites – Best Buy Canada and BestBuy.ca. Complete online and store availability is expected to start from January 2016.