Weather apps are handy for people who travel often. They need to know if the climate is suitable enough for activities and perfect for their days out there. Weather apps also help in planning a schedule for a trip or to organize an event.
Here are the top five weather apps that are very popular with the smartphone crowd:
Yahoo Weather combines stunning photos and accurate forecasts on diverse platforms. One can experience the weather and check on the latest updates easily from Android and iPhone device. Some of the features of the app include:
- Beautiful photos based on location, current time, and weather conditions.
- Experience weather conditions with animation like rain, snow, fog and the like.
- Comprehensive weather information and periodic forecasts.
- Interactive radar, satellite, heat map-derived information.
- Accurate sunrise/sunset times.
- Detailed weather information when held vertically and check out favourite locations when held horizontally.
- Enable notifications for Severe Weather Alerts.
- Submit weather-related photos to Project Weather through Flickr.
One can check the graph for the weather and match it with calendar events. The app includes a 7-day scrollable graph of temperature, with indications for wind, precipitation, and the like. Fresh Air is also available for Apple Watch. You can sends notifications based on existing events. Weather updates can now be customized intimately for you.
With optional notification updates, the user can plan their schedule accordingly. If you come to know that concert you were planning to go might be rained out, you can have alternative plans in your schedule. This app can be part of your life with trendy visualizations of temperature, wind, humidity, sunrise and much more. Severe weather warnings are always indicated repeatedly while its seamless integration with the calendar can simplify your weather experience. One can resort to the in-app purchases and even provide feedback and bug reports.
1Weather meets all weather needs in a complete package.
- Track and view weather forecasts based on your own location for real-time updates.
- Check the temperature, precipitation forecast, or just keep up with the current phases of the climate.
- Boasts of outstanding design and easy to understand iconography.
- Real-time alerts and notifications of weather conditions and forecasts for your location.
- Access weather related graphs, precipitation forecast, maps, facts, Severe Weather Alerts.
- Share weather conditions with friends via email and social media channels.
- Forecasts on a periodic basis: Hourly, 36-hour period, 10-day period and weekend period.
- Quick-loading radar maps with radars indicating past and future readings.
- Personalized push alerts including severe weather alerts, rain alerts based on GPS, and Pollen Alerts.
- One can easily activate their alerts too. What’s more you can access stunning background images based on weather conditions in your area.
Weather Underground is a comprehensive weather app for Android & iOS with a network of 100,000+ personal weather stations. The app provides local forecasts based on current conditions, and also offers interactive radar services with customizable alerts.
- Get access to information about current weather conditions based on local weather stations.
- Stay updated with weather data including temperature, wind speed and direction, rain, humidity, dew point, and the like.
- Get detailed hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts of precipitation and daily weather summaries.
- Compare with local historical data and even report local weather conditions and hazards.
- Detailed monitoring of air quality, UV risk, and even health problems.
- Know about the Sunrise/Sunset timings.
- Information fetched from nearest weather stations, radar, satellite, crowd reports, heat maps and more.
The Weather Channel
The Weather Channel’s free weather app is available on all mobile platforms including iPhone, Android, Windows. The app provides a wealth of meteorological data including the current temperature, wind speed and visibility on an hourly or daily basis. It also features a 10 day forecast along with interactive maps that shows the latest Doppler radar data about the rainfall and weather events.
The app also includes comprehensive social sharing features so that any user can upload images, tweets, send in videos and photos too.