The Turing Phone can be part of a Marvel movie! At least the phone does warrant a supporting act.
The CEO of Turing Robotic Industries has launched three colours of the Turing Phone, which are themselves sharply designed and robust in its structure.
The Turing Phone is a unique 5.5-inch smartphone that runs the latest Android 5.1 platform and unique because of its new design. It is sharply curved, multi-colored and with multiple patterns on its back. It comes in three models and are named uniquely too: Pharaoh, Cardinal, and Beowulf. Each of the models have diverse colours. The phone has an older Snapdragon processor and includes 16GB of storage. It also has a 13-megapixel rear camera along with an 8-megapixel front camera.
Different from other Smartphones, Literally
- The phone does not have a USB port and absolutely no headphone jack. Yes, you read that right!
- The software is custom made with few homescreens, although the makers promise a total overhaul of Android. The makers also believe that the phone is meant for designers.
- The phone is built with Liquidmorphium, which is stronger than steel and also great for manufacturing.
- The phone is well-designed with security as its prime feature, since end-to-end encryption encapsulates the core apps.
- The “Turing coin” is placed inside that is basically a cryptocurrency that will appreciate in value after the phone is bought. For those interested in appreciative investment, this smartphone is a smart buy!
- The phone is activated through a fingerprint reader and keeps third party elements out of the phone as much as possible. The Turing Phone is made by makers to be completely unhackable in all forms.
Unbreakable like Bruce Willis!
The phone is unbreakable, made of liquidmorphium a la Bruce Willis and Wolverine’s Adamantium. Even Apple uses the material a bit, say the makers. It is used presumably in the SIM card slot and the next iPhone could well be built using the material.
Now, it also does not let water within the phone. It is not sealed whatsoever and does allow the water in. It is waterproof because of a nano-coating in its internals too. No rubber is used. And although If one puts the Turing Phone in water, it’s not sealed, but you can go about your business once you take it out and shake it out.
Salient specifications of Turing Phone
- Based on powerful quad-core Snapdragon 801 SoC
- 3GB of RAM
- Available in three different storage models: 16/32/64GB
- 13-megapixel rear camera and dual-LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera for fantastic selfies
- 4G LTE and Wi-Fi 802.11ac standard support along with Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- NFC support
- GPS/ Glonass with non-removable 3000mAh battery
- Fingerprint sensors, accelerometer, gyroscope sensor, magnetometer, proximity alert sensor, and the like
The future phone?
Users can activate the Turing Phone through the fingerprint reader and also includes its own platform called Turing Aemaeth UI that has independent features of its own. The makers have incorporated three prime elements including privacy keys, liquid metal, and the waterproof nano-coating. Something that Apple is also considering implementing in their new phones.
Although the phone must be devoid of some smartphone features, it is meant to be like that, because its prime feature is security, which is lacking in most smartphones available today. The makers are hell-bent on making it an unbreakable and unhackable phone and nearly delivered it! They might actually have a futuristic phone, since the biggest problem facing the mobile world has been security.
Price and Availability
The phone is available on a pre-order basis since July 31, and is priced at $610 for a 16GB model and will work for all carriers. The makers, Chao and his team are presently working on battery technology and an artificial consciousness machine that will change robotics, according to them.